Health is the state of complete physical and emotional well-being of an individual. Good health means living an active life with better management of stress and anxiety. Lately, good health also involves spiritual and financial health. Financial well-being contributes to work satisfaction and the ability to restock fresh foods. Whereas spiritual well-being contributes to calmness and mental peace. Thus, health is a complex term involving every aspect of life.
Health of a person depends on two main factors: genes and environment. Poor heath due to genetics is because of unusual growth patterns or changes during the growth of the baby inside the womb. This also includes certain types of allergies which people have. Furthermore, environmental factors also play an important role in the department of health. Surroundings, seasons, education and income level, employment status, etc., are external factors that affect the health.
Maintaining good health all through the life span is the primary motive of every individual. Health can be supported by following certain guidelines. Being physically active for at least 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week. Exercising, yoga or meditation releases good hormones, which helps an individual to manage their stress and anxiety in a better way. Moreover, healthy eating aids in nutrient absorption, relaxation, and having better coping skills. Some commonly known healthy diet plans like Wellness Plan includes eating a variety of vegetables, especially dark green, red, and orange vegetables, and lots of colorful fruits. Preferring whole-grain, high-fiber bread and cereals over white bread is a smart and healthy choice. Drinking and eating fat-free or low-fat milk and low-fat dairy products respectively. And the list goes on. Healthy eating is the first step towards a healthy body and mind.
Just like reading good books, meditating, exercising, and keeping an optimistic outlook towards life helps keep the spiritual and emotional well-being in proper balance. Similarly, eating right foods, especially binging the right kinds of snacks while studying, watching something, or working is very important. In today's busy lifestyle, eating is given very less preference. People usually gulp down carbs while studying and/or working. This results in poor health and leads to issues like obesity, cholesterol, stress, and various kinds of anxiety. Hence, a mindful check should be kept on the snacks one consumes while studying or working.
Following are a few healthy snacking tips while working.
1. Nuts and dried fruits: Nuts and dried fruits are an easy, nutritious and non-perishable snack mix. Both nuts and dried fruits are loaded with fiber which keeps you full between meals. Nuts are packed with macronutrients and healthy fats while dried fruits have carbs making it a balanced snack pack while work.
2. Bell peppers and guacamole: Guacamole is a delicious dip typically made from avocados, lime, onion, and cilantro. It tastes great with bell pepper slices or other raw veggie strips like carrots. Moreover, avocados are a storehouse of good carbs which provide healthy cholesterol levels and support heart health.
3. Roasted chickpeas: This is one crunchy and delicious, non-perishable snack item. Chickpeas are high in protein, fiber, and several vitamins and minerals, thus eating them in small quantities daily will be an energy and health booster. Soaked chickpeas, coated with spices and baked until crisp is a delicious snack liked by many.
4. Apples and peanut butter: This is an interesting snack combination. Apple slices topped with peanut butter make for a delicious, healthy and satisfying snack. Peanut butter is high in protein and healthy fats, while apples are high in fiber and water, thus making this combination particularly filling.
5. Homemade granola: Granola is another easy and fulfilling snack. Market bought packs have lots of added sugars and preservatives, hence, homemade is the best. You can simply combine your choice of ingredients like rolled oats, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and cashews in a mixture of oil (your choice) and honey, spread the mix and bake it. These granola bars are rich in complex carbs, fiber, and healthy fats. It is a wholesome and balanced snack which can have good effects on the heart health due to the presence of soluble fiber in the oats and seeds.
6. Greek Yogurt: One of the best and simplest sources of healthy snack option is Greek yogurt. Plain unsweetened or flavored, all are high in protein, fiber, iron and calcium. Fruits, nuts, or seeds can be added for extra nutrition.
7. Popcorn: Popcorn is another healthy snack option during binge watching a web series or working late night on a project. Popcorn is made from corn kernels which are a storehouse of fiber and low in calories. It is a nutritious and satisfying snack option.
8. Cottage cheese and fruit: Cottage cheese is high in nutrients and calcium. A small tiffin of fruits and cottage cheese is a perfectly healthy work snack. Cottage cheese can also be topped with nuts or seeds.
9. Baked veggie chips: Baked veggie strips or chips are becoming much popular these days. Vegetables like sweet potato, carrots, beetroots, zucchini, radish, etc., can be sliced, seasoned, and baked with a dash of olive oil or any other seed oil. Baking your own chips gives you the control on the ingredients and thus is a healthy option. These can be easily shelf-stacked or stored in office drawers for long.
10. Carrots and hummus: Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip prepared from boiled chickpeas, tahini, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Hummus is traditionally eaten with pita bread. But lately it is served with many other combinations like carrot strips. Hummus tastes good with carrots. Since hummus contains fiber, protein, and healthy fats, and carrots are loaded with beta carotene, this snack is an immunity booster as well as good for optimal vision and eye health.
So, these are some healthy office snacks which you can prepare during weekends and binge on them while working, either from office or from home. A lot of healthy diet plans can be found on vmeals.ae. Healthy and mindful eating will improve your confidence by keeping you in good shape and size.